Continuous Professional Learning (CPL)
Promoting lifelong learning for staff. Toorak College staff members are supported by CPL , the professional learning arm of Toorak College. CPL delivers professional learning programs for Toorak College staff and other educators in the Mornington Peninsula region.
Professional Learning Priorities
At Toorak College, our Mission Vision and Values drive the strategic direction of our School, which in turn shape the annual goals for each Faculty and Year Level. Department Heads and individual staff members help to shape these goals and prioritise professional learning requirements.
Forms of Professional Learning
Professional learning structures take many forms and may include:
- Engaging in collaborative teamwork
- Attending workshops run by colleagues
- Participating in the School's six formal professional learning staff days
- Attending or running seminars through CPL
- Participating in professional learning outside the school
Many Toorak College staff are VCE markers and assessors, published authors in their field of expertise or identified as leaders in their area and are frequently invited to present papers at conferences both nationally and internationally.