What is the Rowing Parent Support Group?
Dedicated support for our rowing community.
The Rowing Parent Support Group automatically includes all parents and guardians of Toorak College rowers.
Our aims are to:
- Raise funds for necessary equipment purchases
- Promote cameraderie throughout the Toorak College rowing community
“The enthusiastic fundraising efforts enabled a purchase of another boat”
The Rowing Parents Support Group Committee
The Rowing Parents Support Group Committee consists of:
- A Convenor
- A Secretary
- A Treasurer
- At least two representatives from each crew level (junior, intermediate and senior)
Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month, all members are welcome.
Rowing Parents Support Group Responsibilities
Members of the Rowing Parents Support Group are here to help organise:
- Fundraising activities to finance new rowing equipment
- Maintenance of the shed and equipment at Carrum Boatshed
- The annual January Rowing Camp
- Our school’s ‘off-water’ participation in regattas
- The Annual Presentation Dinner
- Boat christenings
- Rowing social functions and BBQs
Relationship to Parents & Friends Association
The Group is a sub-committee of the Toorak College Parents & Friends Association.
All members may attend any general Parents and Friends Association meeting, and a Rowing Parents Support Group office holder represents at the Parents and Friends Association monthly meetings.
Please contact us if you'd like to hear more about supporting our Rowing Group.