Early Learning Program
The Early Learning Program embraces the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program, which closely complements our use of the Reggio Emilia philosophy.
Head of Wardle House, Mandy Whitworth explains, "The program is designed to encourage exploration, investigation and play both in and outdoors. There are specially created spaces for reading, writing, art, construction, imaginative play, science and technology encouraging children to be active learnings. We understand that children are active investigators seeking ways to make meaning of their world."
The benefits of learning at Toorak College in the Early Years includes:
- Access to state of the art facilities and specialist teachers.
- Action in the Perceptual Motor Program in our Dance Studio.
- Exploring the love of literature in the Wardle House Library.
- Using a variety of art techniques in our Art Studio.
- Further development of a sense of belonging through our Buddy Program with our older students.
- Participating in our Garden Project.
Our challenging and engaging learning programs also promote an inquiring mind and encourage children to be active community members.
To find our more please contact us.
Toorak College is the best educational start for your child.
Get a taste of what our Toorak College ELC is like, join our Playgroup and meet some families. Contact us on 9788 7242.
Toorak College acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.