Our Early Beginnings
1874 - Toorak College opens as a boys’ school in Douglas St, Toorak (Principal was Mr John Stevens Miller).
1918 - Toorak College relocates to Mayfield Ave, Malvern and is by now a girls’ school.
1928 - Following threatened closure, Toorak College moves to Mt Eliza and a school company is formed.
“Buildings are named after past significant people who contributed to the school”
1957 - Wardle House established.
1960 - Norman Carson Library (named after Sir Norman Carson) is opened by Viscountess Dunrossil
1965 - Mary Herring Hall opens in honour of Dame Mary Herring
1968 - Science block opens.
1972 - Boarding house is opened by Governor of Victoria, Sir Rohan Delacombe
1972 - The Chapel is dedicated.
1981 - Arts and Crafts Centre is constructed
1982 - Boarding House is extended and named Joan Ansett Hall after Lady Ansett
1982 - Music school is established with an extension to Mary Herring Hall
1984 - Jean Robinson Oval is sown and wilderness is removed
1986 - New Computer Centre opens
1989 - Marjorie Williams Centre opens and time capsules are inserted while under construction (1988).
1992 - Laptop Computer Program is introduced (extended to include Year 7 students in 1996)
1994 - Wardle House Preschool is established.
2000 - Bardon House opens and new facilities are introduced at Wardle House (Charles St closes)
2002 - Archives Centre opens in the Norman Carson Library
2004 - Diving pool and Café Pavilion opens and Dining Room is refurbished
2004 - Early Learning Centre opens (for 3-4 year olds)
2007 - New classrooms open at Wardle House (for Years 5 and 6).
2010 - Memorial Block Mosaic is complete
2010 - Bardon House Rose Garden opens
2011 - Norman Carson Library is reopened by Joanna Murray–Smith
2011 - Music Centre is opened by James Morrison.