Vision, Principles & Policies
We are proud of our heritage, attuned to our changing world, and focused on ensuring an exceptional education for future generations.
We are proud to put what is best for our students at the centre of every decision we make and are committed to making an impact in and out of the classroom as well as within the wider community.
Our 2019-2023 Strategic Plan has been developed to provide clear guidance to the School as we endeavour to empower young people through academic and personal growth so they will thrive in their future.
Toorak College adheres to and promotes the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance.
As such, Toorak College adheres to the reporting requirements under Commonwealth and State funding agreements and makes available on request reports on all aspects of school performance to members of the School community.
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Toorak College is committed to providing and promoting a child safe and child friendly environment which protects children from abuse. Toorak College has zero tolerance for child abuse and has developed policies and procedures to:
- Empower children to actively express their views and encourage staff to listen and act upon any concerns raised by children in line with the School’s policies and procedures
- Provide an environment that is committed to promoting the physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- Explain acceptable and unacceptable behaviour to staff, volunteers and children.
Child protection is a shared responsibility between Toorak College, all employees, contractors, volunteers, associates and members of the School community.
Toorak College supports and respects all children, young people, staff and parents. We are committed to the continual development of inclusive practices.