Work at Toorak
Toorak College is a thriving Independent School on the Mornington Peninsula. All our staff, whether they be teachers, administration or support staff, are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all of our students. Through collaboration, professional development and the pursuit of continuous improvement, our staff play a critical role in encouraging and inspiring students to be the best that they can be.
Our mission is to lead excellence in education and provide innovative learning opportunities for individuals, to strive to achieve their ambitions in a connected, welcoming environment.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page to see our current vacancies.
What our staff say
'There is a school-wide climate of excellence for all staff and students that drives each individual in the Toorak community to achieve one’s personal best. This passion for excellence is a driving force for teachers to engage, motivate and intellectually stimulate each student in every class. It is a really inspiring place to teach and learn.'
Miss Christina Schiano, English and Psychology Teacher
'Some of my favourite memories have most certainly been formed on the various Beyond Boundaries journeys I have undertaken over the years; getting to know the girls outside the walls of the classroom and watching them grow through the challenges these adventures provide.'
Mrs Lisa Hamilton-Smith, Head of Year 9
'I love experiencing the spirit of working here - which I engage in every day when I walk around these magnificent grounds and buildings. I feel very privileged to work here knowing that I am a part of the Toorak community and contributing to the history of this amazing school.'
Mrs Emma Jensen, Head of Drama
As a staff member of Toorak College, you will enjoy:
- Participation in diverse, relevant and engaging professional development opportunities in the pursuit of continuous improvement and excellence.
- A collaborative, innovative and dynamic work environment in which all staff can thrive in their field of expertise.
- Staff discount on tuition fees.
- Access to financial planners, KRA.
- Access to workplace benefits through our provider, Maxxia, such as salary packaging (the payment of your mortgage, rent, gas or electricity etc with pre tax dollars to reduce your income tax) and also access to Maxxia Rewards which entitles you to discounts, promotions and exclusive offers on lifestyle and retail expenses, like cinema tickets, food, fashion, travel and leisure.
- Extensive IT and e-Learning networks and support.
- Active participation in our School community steeped in over 140 years of history and spirit.
- An extensive and evolving bayside campus located in the heart of Mt Eliza on the Mornington Peninsula.
All staff at Toorak College are expected to take an active role and are well informed of their obligations in relation to Child Safety. The Toorak College Statement of Child Safety Commitment is incorporated in the Toorak College staff employment cycle from recruitment and reference checking to induction, 3 and 6 month probationary review processes and regular staff training and professional development. Employment with Toorak College is subject to school policies including the Child Safe policy, Code of Conduct and Statement of Understanding of Professional Expectations. To refer to the Toorak College Statement of Child Safety Commitment, please click here.
Toorak College is committed to a learning and working environment that promotes wellbeing, is positive and supportive for all members of the School learning community and is committed to ensuring that the environment is free from discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), vilification, victimisation and bullying.Through our recruitment processes we encourage as many applicants as possible to apply for roles within the School regardless of gender, cultural background or the existence of a disability. The skills, abilities and experience of the candidate are fundamental in all recruitment decisions. As part of our recruitment process, all employees and volunteers are screened (including Reference, Victorian Institute of Teaching and Working with Children checks).